Tuesday, June 11, 2013

ABORTED DREAMS


Should I say it came as a surprise when a colleague almost ran down the battery of my phone some weeks ago just because she wanted to tell me she saw me in a film? She eventually saw me facially and expressed her surprise in seeing me in the film. Lol. Trust me, being a stage actress herself I used the opportunity to charge her to take her acting to the next level.

Aborted Dreams was a film whose cast were mostly students/alumni of Christoline film Academy. It was written/produced/directed by Kolade Segun Okeowo, a veteran Christian actor whose vision with the academy is to bring to limelight as many Christian actors as possible. 

The story is about Bimpe, a Christian lady who was supposed to become a great prophet but found herself sleeping with an unbeliever named Laja. Despite warning from God and pleas from her friend to quit the relationship, she refused to yield. Her excuse was that she was getting too old for any other man to consider as a potential wife. Laja on the other hand, though carefree, didn’t know somebody was after his life because of this relationship until he was almost killed by assassins.

The Enigmatic played the role of a very decent DPO who works with a “common” Nigerian police officer on Laja’s attempted assassination case. I’d say it wasn’t the best of role interpretation from Enigmatic Olumide so far though (comparing his other screen and stage roles), and I know the best is yet to come.

You can grab a copy of the film at ZionStones Media, movie makers’ village, behind RCCG Redemption camp; World Bible Sales centre Alaka Lagos; Remdel Optimum communications Akure; Vineyard Business Ventures, Dikat House, Ring Road Ibadan; and other Christian film stores.

The next total practical class (training) of Christoline Film Academy holds 25-31 August 2013. If interested, call 08034539934, 08028876236, 08057894920.

No comments:

Post a Comment