Wednesday, February 8, 2012

MICROWAVED PRAYERS

When I was in school it was much easier to work all through the day and still eat a meaningful meal when I get back home at night. Yeah. Somebody will still cook something for me to eat. But now that I’m working and having moved into my own apartment for over two years now, I can testify to the difficulty of eating tangible meal when you are a busy person (especially to those of us who don’t really like taking junks or eating at restaurants).

Even now that I have a fridge where I can store my cooked food and microwave when I get back from work, I still could testify to the difficulty of settling down to cook; the time has never been lenient enough to make itself available. Wphewww! Pondering about my own situation made me ruminate about the illustration of prayer banks with microwave. (You know what a ‘Prayer bank’ is, right? It’s praying in store for you to use in the future. I.e. like saving money in a savings account of a normal bank... You pray on issues that may or may not arise in future even if you don’t see signs of anything now, trusting God that He will take care of those things for you when the time comes. Lol) But it’s not a laughing matter.

Eating junks for over a week made me realise that if you don’t have anything in your prayer bank (fridge) there is nothing you can fall back to when sudden challenges come and you have limited time to pray (i.e. cook). Since there is no food to be warmed in the microwave (either you call on Jesus or not) you will end up eating junks, or nothing at all. And God help you if that junk is not serious trouble!

I was praying for my children in church some time ago and a brother tapped me. “Ah ah. Do you have a baby?” He said. “No! But that doesn’t stop me from praying for him/her now!” I may not have enough time to pray for my children then, but if I can pray now, they will have prayer in the fridge that they can microwave or fall back on when their time comes. Somebody made an analysis in my church few days ago about how the fore-fathers of United State of America prayed and re-dedicated their land to God; little wonder God is still helping them despite their massive issues with sin now. Who knows if their ancestors had not put enough prayer in the bank for them, their story could have been different now.

Is somebody feeling me? We don’t have to wait till the future before we pray for our future. The best time to pray is NOW! Haven’t you heard? "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" (1 John 5:14-15).

No comments:

Post a Comment