Friday, August 19, 2011

WHO IS THE REAL FOOL?

Hello people, been a while since I came here and I apologise sincerely.

Perhaps it could have taken me a longer time to post if not for a clip I saw on TV this morning about “The War of Words” between two of Nigeria’s former presidents. Though it is not their feud that I am concerned about, it is Gen’ Obasanjo’s comment in which he said in his reply to Gen’ Babangida that he is confused about which one to use from the following two scriptures:

1. Proverbs 26:4, “Do not answer a fool according to his foolishness, lest you also be like him.”

2. Proverbs 26:5, “Answer a fool according to his foolishness, so that he may not be wise in his own eyes.”

Now come to think of it; isn’t that confusing? Yet they are from the same scripture! If I should not answer a fool so that I will not become a fool like him, why then should I be admonished to answer him again?

Actually I couldn’t stop laughing at this situation, which is not funny at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment