Thursday, September 5, 2013

ON EGC’S NOMINATION IN OYAA AWARDS



Usually, I’m not the kind of person who gets excited at any opportunity to compete for anything. I’d rather let someone else take it, even if undeserving, and wait till the subject of contention comes to me itself. But ever since this creativity in me got discovered my hitherto way of closing two eyes to anything called ‘contend’ has been modified to closing one and opening the other. That may be because it is widely believed that writers who win competitions are more reckoned with than those who don’t. Nevertheless, till date, the only two areas where I found myself contending for anything are in Nigerian Blog Awards (is that really to contend? Ok, let’s take it that way) and Common Wealth Short Story prize. Well, I have been nominated twice in Nigerian Blog Awards, but ‘no show yet’ in the latter.

Just few days ago, I was told by organizers of Online Youths Achievement Awards (OYAA) that my other blog, EGC, made it to final stage and has been nominated in Best Online Media on Literature Category. God knows, I’ve never even heard of the awards before that day. One would think I’d be excited; well, I was initially until I remembered a statement made online and directed to Melvin, a Nigerian who got to the finals of Big Brother Africa (BBA, The Chase) and didn’t win the 1st Prize. It goes thus:

“Melvin: runner up ultimate search, runner up Mr Nigeria, Now runner up BBA, somebody is chasing your destiny just keep running.”

Remembering how I have been nominated to the final selection twice in Nigerian Blog Awards and not clinching the prize, I felt a little like doubting Thomas for my blog. But because the organizers mailed me to inform my friends and fans to vote me to win, I decided to give it a shot anyway. When I told the first friend to Vote me she said, 

“That’s how you will be getting nominations for different awards but not winning! Me, I am tired of voting you o! I’m not voting!” 

My morale was murdered instantly!

Even up till now, I’m not sure if my moral has been resurrected or I will tell people to vote my blog anymore... but, well, I get this too could do sha. If you would like to resurrect my moral, please vote EGC in OYAA awards ‘Best Online Media on Literature' category. Thanks and here is the link: http://oya-awards.com/vote


 

12 comments:

  1. Congrats!

    i just voted for you now. I hope you win ... so we know that what is chasing Melvin is not chasing you too.
    lol
    On a more serious note, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LWKMD! Now I am getting more weary... If I don't win I will go into exile! Lol. Thanks Ema.

      Delete
  2. Me just voted for u now bros,I pray u win, but anywayz it is sha me gat ur back always...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch sis. I'm happy I have a dear one like u.

      Delete
  3. Any good act whose contribution strives on a positive tone&seeks to improve the society needs to be celebrated,if voting is d first step to achieving that,I just did. All the best bro,pls dnt go into exile,lol...Lumynors O'ven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thanks Lumynors. Pls keep strumming too.

      Delete
  4. Keep it up....resilience and hardwork pays.

    ReplyDelete